I say this every month, but I can't believe our Jakey is 4 mos old. He is at a super fun and sweet age. He's getting cuter everyday with his almost bald head and huge blue eyes! Here are some things he's been up to this past month:
- always chewing on hands
- scooting with butt in the air...always ends up at the opposite end of the crib from where he was placed
-rolls over both ways as he wishes (he was doing this a lot in the prior month or two but now it's so often)
- smiles and laughs on demand. His laughing has really taken off and it's super cute. He is so ticklish.
-When I tickle his sides/lower back he raises both hands and dives backwards! Daddy doesn't like this trick because he's scared he'll do it when someone else is holding him.
-grabs his bottle with his hands when it's near his face and pulls it towards his mouth
-began sleeping in his own bed on 4/30 (because we borrowed a humidifer and figured it'd work better in his little room. He's had a little alleries/sneezing/stuffy nose for almost a week! He's back in our room in his bassinet tonight...:) It's not too consistent yet. I'm not ready!
-He sometimes holds his own bottle. He almost always has two hands on it, but only sometimes actually does the holding up on his own.
-He still loves his playmat and has learned that he can make his own noises. He talks, screeches, and squeals at his toys. We often have to talk louder or turn the tv up to be able to hear anything.
-He's grabbing at everything. His depth perception has become so much more accurate. The other day while I was carrying him in the frontpack I was drying his bottles (way out in front of us both) and he grabbed the paper towel out of my hand. Little stinker!
-I think he loses a few hairs and gains a new fat roll almost daily!
-He is almost outgrowing his 3-6 month clothes and size 2 shoes. He needs atleast 6-12 month shoes. Also, he's nearing the weight limit for size 2 diapers. Better hurry up and use the ones we stocked up on!
I will update this post tomorrow, as he'll be going in for his 4 month checkup and shots in the afternoon. I can't wait to see what the Dr says about his weight. If you recall at his 2 month checkup he's was only in the mid 30's percentile for weight and we had just finished doing weight checks. Dr Edralin will be surprised how big he is!
UPDATE: The Dr said that Jake is a very healthy 4 month old and "that his stats told us what we already knew...he's a big boy!" He was 16lbs 9oz (82nd percentile) and 26 inches long (86th percentile). The circumfrence of his head was 71st percentile. He's very well-proportioned. He also got two shots today...it hurt his feelings so much! He went from smiling to bright red and screaming. :( He's had a bloody/stopped up nose lately and we've been suctioning him thinking that he had a cold. The doctor asked if he arched his back during feedings. I said yes. The doctor thinks Jake's nose issue is due to milk reflux and that he arches his back as a natural instinct to protect his body from the reflux (milk into his nose that we never see). Very interesting! Good to know he's not at all sick and to know why he arches his back! Jeremy said he feels bad for getting frustrated with Jake during all of the bottle feedings where he's arched his back. :(
Another first that will happen this week is mine and Jeremy's first night away from Jake. My thyroid surgery is already this Thursday and I'll miss him so much!! I know he'll be in good hands, though! Please keep us in your prayers.)

3 comments:
We're praying for you all this week! Love, Jenn, John, & Trey
What beautiful blue eyes!! He's so cute!!
He is a BIG boy! :)
And I obviously missed a previous post about your thyroid...what's the deal?
Post a Comment