Well, I had my 12 week dr appointment yesterday with Dr. Crowder (I was actually 13wks exactly). He was an hour and a half late because his partner needed his help at the hospital and some lady lost 6 pints of blood!
Anyway, once he finally got into my room he asked how I was feeling. I told him "fabulous." I really do feel wonderful compared to some of the horror stories I've heard. Sometimes I second guess the fact that I am even pregnant in the first place. But...it all becomes a little more real when we get to hear baby's heartbeat. This time it wasn't with an ultrasound but with a doppler. He found it right away! It was 148bpm this time, up from 128 at our 8 wk ultrasound. Our next appt will be at 16wks and will entail lots of bloodwork. :(
Our appointment after that will be our 20 wk ultrasound where we will find out the gender. Then the shopping will really begin!
I also started to notice my stomach sticking out all the time. I'm not used to it (I'm not saying I had a 6 pack before...by any means!) so I feel like I should always be sucking it in. I've never had it stick out like this before so it feels really weird. But it is wonderful to know that our baby is okay and is growing at a good rate! I love going to the doctor now. I think the only appointment I will dread is next month...because of all of the blood work. :( Also, it is the Monday after we get back from Hawaii. So, atleast my mind will not be on that appt until we get back and then it will be over.
We appreciate the calls checking on us and all of the prayers. I think it is so thoughtful that people remember when our appointments are and let us know that they were thinking about us and call to see how they went!
So thank you all!


4 comments:
I am so happy to hear that you and baby are doing well. You will have to start up with your belly pictures to post! tee hee.
Big hug to you and Baby Worley.
I love your little baby bump! Now you need to start documenting and posting! So exciting!!
I am so glad to hear that you and baby are doing well!! Post some pics of that belly! :)
I found your blog from Laura's. This was such a nice post to read...it brought back fabulous memories for me of being pregnant. Good luck to you and congrats.
Post a Comment