Well, I have been thinking about this topic a lot lately. Some of you know the details of this story and some don't, but to me, they are very important.
In early spring of last year we began the process of getting ready to have a baby. I started trying to eat healthier, cut back on caffeine, get off of birth control (duh!), cut out MSG, etc. I was so ready! Jeremy was past ready. We got very excited. Every month after that for a year we were disappointed. Well, we really expected it to take a few months, actually, but still it seemed like many disappointments.
Let's see...I'm trying to convey my point without getting too personal (too late! But this point is to important not to address).
Basically my doctor told me early this year that I needed to get evaluated. First thing would be a blood test. Well, after 2 months of blood tests the results were basically that I was not releasing an egg therefore could not have a baby. He wanted to start me on a drug to trigger my body to release that egg.
The day we were supposed to start that medicine is actually the day that I took a pregnancy test that came up positive. The medicine had been called out and actually was at my local pharmacy. Amazing, huh?
People have said that it just helped us to get a solution, and that then we relaxed and that is why it happened. However, I believe that this timing couldn't be any more perfect for us. If you'd have told me that this time last year, I'm not sure I would've agreed. I believe that God's timing is much more perfect than our own time tables. We thought we were ready last year, but we are even more ready this year...in every way. Isn't God great? We would surely not be going to Hawaii in a little over a month together for our 5th anniversary if we'd have gotten pregnant back when we started trying...and boy do we ever need this trip?!? And, Christmas as a due date is also very special to us. Beyond those there are many,many more reasons of why this couldn't be better timed.
We didn't really make a "big struggle" or anything dramatic out to family or friends about our journey because we had faith that it would happen. Also, we know many other couples have gone thru longer and more painful journeys trying to conceive. So, if this is new to you, that is why.
We praise God for our little miracle and know that our worry and timing does not have the wisdom behind it that His does. His timing is perfect and it is so important for us to keep that in mind when we're being impatient or losing hope with our own struggles. I am SO THANKFUL that ultimately it is His decisions that shape my life and eternal salvation and not mine.
I see His hand in all of our lives all of the time. Babies, creation, relationships, feelings, emotions, animals, miracles. All of these wonderful things did not evolve from dirt! How could anyone else other than a loving God have created all of the beauty and creativity that is Life?
Timing is everything!!


4 comments:
So true. -Steph
Great outlook, great post, and great witnessing! It is very true and you could have gone into MANY more reasons that this is the perfect time! You will be an amazing mom and we are so excited for you guys!
This was a very inspirational post, Amanda. I am so happy for you and you're right, everything happens in God's time. He has a plan for all of us. I cannot wait to meet your little one!
What a great way to look at it all! I so appreciate you posting this, sweet Amanda, I needed that! You are going to be the most loving and selfless mom and dad, and God has been PREPARING you for this little person to come and make your heart stretch further and soar higher than you EVER IMAGINED! WE cannot wait to meet this little precious person that will be the perfect combination of MOMMY and DADDY!
Love you,
Juli & Ella
Post a Comment