Sunday, October 4, 2009

9 Months (This is crazy, people!)

Okay, so....someone is going to have to start doing these posts for me or else I might have to take an anti-depressant before I continue doing these monthly posts. We're having WAY too much fun for it to be passing this quickly!


Sittin' in his new playroom (Have I ever mentioned how much I love that skin, those big hands, those pouty lips, those round cheeks and that baby soft hair?) :)


so sweet! loved his lil feet crossed!


He STILL loves that swing. His favorite thing to pull up on. He lifts a leg and tries to climb in somtimes!


Splish-Splash! Loves him some bathtime!


Jakey here's the scoop on what you've been up to this month:


-follows me from room to room on command. "Come on Jakey!" And he follows right behind me.
-pulls up on anything (cont'd from last month). People, swings, other babies, shower curtains, tv trays that fall on top of him...you know, the fun stuff!
-you have a new playroom! you love playing in there daily and can entertain yourself forever! I can talk on the phone in there, get on the laptop, or even clean your room or the bathroom and just occasionally peek in on you and you're completely entertained!
-You will be on baby food until college! (Just kidding- you just have the most insane gag reflex that I have ever seen!)
-You've refused most table foods and sippy cups we've tried so far (even the famous Nuby soft spout one)
-You give kisses and high fives on command in addition to beginning to clap
-You're starting to get great balance, standing without immediately falling and cruising from one piece of furniture to the next. You like going from the ottoman to the couch best!
-You've gone to several playdates, mostly at the park, and your first family reunion!
-You LOVE dogs more this month than any month before. You crawl over to the back door and pull up on it and stand against the glass looking for your puppy sisters!
-You know the meaning of "no" and usually stop what you're doing and turn around to look at me and then immediately find something else to do. Good boy!! :)
-You love cords, cell phones, the laptop, remote controls, doors, and anything else you can get into that you shouldn't!
- I think you've slowed down a little bit as far as growth-which is wonderful!! You're still in 12-18 month clothes, size 4 diapers (pampers), size 5 diaper (huggies), size 4-4.5 shoe, and you're now in your toddler convertible carseat. You have lots of room now!
-You still love your sleep. Yesterday you woke up for a bottle and diaper change around 9am and went back to sleep until 1pm (after having gone to bed at 10pm the night before). You are THE BEST sleeper and I'm so thankful that I get to sleep in. I'm sure our next (future) baby will not let us keep our fantastic schedule! And no, people, 1pm is not our normal... :) But 10 am sure is! :)


Basically, you are easier than I ever thought a baby could be! I love being your Mama more than I could've ever imagined and you are a dream come true! Please know that I will love you forever and will always be here for you.
xoxo,
Mommy

4 comments:

Matthew, Nikki, Luke and Lily said...

He seems so big now! I guess I haven't seen him in awhile...we'll have to get Jake and Lily together soon.

Stephanie said...

It seems that from this post and last post, he has grown so much! I have not seen him since he was super little!

Are you coming back up here before the end of the year?

Sarah said...

He's such a doll! I love these sweet pictures--such great memories!

Kayla said...

Time flies, but what wonderful memories!!! :)