Monday, October 12, 2009

Lil Trooper!



Jakey is one tough lil guy! Yesterday (Sunday) when Jeremy woke him up right before church he was coughing. Jeremy told me that it sounded like he had a chest cold or something. I agreed, and we decided to stay home from church. He really acted fine, just occasionally seeming to suddenly cry for seemingly no reason and occasionally pull at his ears. It was just so sad to listen to him breathe and cough. Well, today I called the doctor and they insisted that he come in because of his low grade fever yesterday (99.5) and breathing troubles.
So, we went in this morning and he was diagnosed with parainfluenza, croup, and an ear infection in both ears. She listened to him cough and to his breathing and heard a little "gurgling" but doesn't believe it's actually moved down into his lungs. She also gave us the warning signs to look out for in case it gets any worse. Glad we decided to take him in just 24 hours after the first sign of anything!
I can't believe he's hardly shown any behavioral/personality changes thru this. He's a little trooper! If he'd not wheezed or had a fever we'd never have even called the doctor. In fact, as I rocked him today he sat up, looked at me, and started clapping his hands over and over. I couldn't help but laugh at that. Then, the sick, sensitive side of him returned and started crying. I guess my laugh hurt his feelings! He's super sensitive to just about everything right now.

Anyway, he's now on antibiotics, probiotics, and ear drops. Hopefully they work quick!

We love our lil Jakey so much and this flu season is so scary! His doctor was out of the office with the swine flu, go figure!

Please pray that Jakey makes it thru his first Fall healthy with no more sickness!

1 comment:

Jessie said...

I am glad you ended up taking him to the doctor! I hope he feels better soon. I will pray that this is the last time he gets sick this season.