(top pic- legs after shots)
(bottom pic- how he was sleeping after we got home- love it!!)
Yesterday Jake had a check-up with Dr Edralin. I loved hearing that everything that he should be doing, he is. He said that he's wonderful and that I should know that I'm lucky because he's such an easy baby. He had him sit, pull up from sitting to a standing position, held him, talked to him, measured him (nurse), asked what he ate, when he went to bed, when he takes naps, etc. He's 82% and 87% for height and weight (music to my ears after our weight checks after he was born). He also commented on how strong he is and what a talker he is. We're proud he's doing so well with both his motor and social skills. Even in the past couple of days he's started mimicking adult sounds beyond just cooing...dadadadada baaaaaa mmmmaaaa. It sounded so weird coming out of his mouth because he's making all new sounds! He also cut his first tooth yesterday (7/9/09) at 6 months 6 days old. I've also gotten the courage to leave him sitting on the floor while I'm doing things around the house and he's proven to be pretty trustworthy to sit and play w/his toys. He's also now putting himself to sleep. No bottle, no rocking, nothing- just lay him in his bed and he's out! Wow! Easier than I thought, I guess. I've just always loved rocking him!
Things are moving right along and we feel so blessed to have a perfect, healthy baby boy! It's such a weird feeling being relieved and free that he's becoming so independent, but a little sad, too. He's still a baby, but yet depending on me less and less each day! I didn't think about that process starting so early in his life!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment