Saturday, November 1, 2008

These are the days...

I have had a wonderful time off of work. I have been super busy and don't know how I would've continued to work and been this productive and gotten so much rest at the same time! I used to have to choose between one or the other!

Since my last day of work (3 weeks ago) I've had two showers, gone to a birthday party, gone to the pumpkin patch, attended a ladies bible study every Tuesday morning, cleaned our house from top to bottom, had a thyroid biopsy, had a 32 wk Baby Jake ultrasound, attended my first playdate, made several exchanges on things we had multiple of, and attended more Dr appts than I care to remember! Plus tons of time sleeping in and hanging out with friends and family. I am enjoying it and soaking it up....as it will end in just a few short weeks. It's hard to believe I'll be 33 weeks this Thursday! Jake is as cute and active as ever and is a big boy- weighing over 4lbs so far (last week) and always measuring betw 1/2 week and two weeks big every time we go to the doctor.

Speaking of the thyroid ultrasound.... my doctor found a lump on my throat about a month ago when I was sick. He wanted to be cautious even though he thought it was a lymph node and had me get a thyroid ultrasound. I was not worried about it at all. But, a few days later it came back that there was a 5cm mass in my throat! That is huge at 2.5 inches. I was then referrred to an endocrinologist who decided to order a needle biopsy. I finally had the biopsy last Wed and will get results this week. I am not too worried about it but pray that it is not cancer. It would be hard to find that out 7 wks before our son gets here. The endocrinologist has already decided to take out part or all of my thyroid after Jake arrives. If it is cancer the whole thing will be removed and if it's benign the mass and the left side of my thyroid will be removed. Not looking forward to having surgery right after Jake arrives, but am thankful my doctor found it before it got any bigger (it's already making it hard to breathe!).


Well, the nursery is almost finished and I will be posting pics soon. but a 32 1/2 week belly shot will have to do for now. :)




post signature

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Hope everything turns out to be okay. You'll have to keep us posted.

Cute dress!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you are off work for a few weeks before he arrives, I know this is great time for you to get things done and have a little time for yourself (and me and Kinley... hehehe) before Jake gets here. I hope you have wonderful results at your appt today, call me when you get home!