Well, there have been big changes around the Worley house lately. I am happy to say that my last day of work was on Friday. I never really questioned the fact that I would stay home and raise our children, and once I got to see and feel our little guy moving around my choice was just confirmed. I want to be the one to see all of his 'firsts' and I am so thankful that our situation has worked out so well for me to stay home with him.
It was very hard to resign from work, as that has been the only job that I have had since college and this year would've made 4 years! I was treated so well there and made so many good friends. I never expected the amount of encouragement and support for my decision and was treated to a wonderful lunch and several baby gifts- including our high chair! I will miss them but know that this job is much more important to me. And they have promised if I ever need anything that I always have a job there.
I am so looking forward to the next few weeks. I have time to rest, don't have to worry about taking off for my frequent Dr visits, get to work on several projects around the house, spend time with friends and family, and did I mention sleep in? ;-)
Also coming up we have two showers and our childbirth class! I am also hoping to get Christmas shopping done before December-just in case Jake arrives early. I know that I will feel better if my house is organized and clean, his room is complete, his clothes are washed, and my Christmas shopping is done by December so that I can have those last couple of weeks to completely rest and not stress-that is if he's not here by then.
I hope everyone has a great week! (I know I will ;-) )


4 comments:
Wahoo! Congratulations! I imagine you're relieved to have some time to yourself!
So.... is it bad that last night Ryan asked me, "So... how excited are you that Amanda's done with work???" Have I been a little over excited about your resignation? I am so excited you are staying home with Jake and the next few weeks will be so nice for you to have time to get everything done before he gets here!
So wish we could be there for playdates! You are going to have so much fun! I am so glad you are committed to doing what it takes to stay home. I can't say it will be easy, but it will ALWAYS be worth it!
Danette
Enjoy your time off before the little one comes as well. And I'll keep you posted of all the work drama - oh so fun. Haha!
Post a Comment