Well, I had a Dr. Appt yesterday. Don't ask me which one it was- I think I am a bit off track. My last one was supposed to be at 20 wks, but ended up being in the 18th week (when we found out it was a HE :)). So...they scheduled me one for four weeks later so I think I had my 24 wk appt yesterday at 22 wks. Oh, well.
Most of you know that our last few Dr visits have been a little too eventful. I am happy to say that this one was very uneventful! We got to hear Jake's heartbeat (160-those of you that believe the gender based upon this are crazy- but that's another story :)). Dr Crowder also measured me and said, "you can't get any better than that." I never worry about hearing the heartbeat any more, as little Jakey is moving around nudging me all day!
We asked the Dr about childbirth classes and he said one of the women who used to be a nurse of his actually does one that is just a Friday evening/Saturday. So, because it is so short we can sign up for it now or wait all the way until the first weekend in November!
I am feeling quite large these days. The band on my pants is at such an angle that it pretty much immediately folds down over itself. But, according to the Dr I have gained less than 8lbs. I don't know how that is, but I'll take it!
I also found out that I will be doing my glucose tolerance test on the day of my next appointment. They have already given me my bottle of orange stuff. :( I have heard that it is not that bad, and I have heard that it is the most disgusting thing ever! So...I'll let you know my opinion next month!
Overall, we are just so happy and thankful that Jake is healthy and that I'm having a wonderful pregnancy. I love thinking about what he will look like and the day we get to hold him and meet him face to face.
Also, shower talk is beginning! I'm getting very excited about my showers coming up in October! It will be here before we know it.
I am growing so fast, and will try to update with another belly shot soon!
Have a great weekend everyone!
Closing the blog...
10 years ago

3 comments:
The belly shot better be coming sooner rather than later! I almost got teary-eyed reading this post. I know it's not meant to be emotional, it just took me back to my pregnancy and the excitement and anticipation I felt to meet Olivia...that coupled with the fact that she is almost 1 year old makes me wish I was pregnant again...well, kind of! Love ya!
Oh yes, we definitely need another belly shot soon!
The glucose test isn't bad. It's just really sweet. Not nearly as bad as it was in the past from what I've heard.
Glad everything is going well! :)
Yay for Shower talk and Belly Shots...good job on the weight gain.
We need some visuals though! :-)
How is the job going? Better yet, I will email you!
Post a Comment