Lately we've figured out what a sponge our lil man is. He's soaking up everything and has been displaying what a smart boy he is!
Some funny things he's been up to the past couple of weeks:
1.) He loves reaching up to the doorknob, standing on his toes and playing with the lock. Once or twice he's actually locked/unlocked the door. Kinda scary...but totally smart... ;))
2.) Every morning when I get Jake out of bed, I take his nightlight out of the outlet and toss it in his toy basket over in the corner. Well a couple of days ago I was cleaning his closet and letting him play in his room. I heard some weird noise scraping the wall and went to peek around the corner to see that he'd gotten his night light out of the basket and was rubbing it on the exact outlet where it's plugged in every night. Love it!!
3.) Lately when we tell him "no" he shakes his head repeatedly and sometimes adds a "nanana". It's super cute when he does the exagerrated head shake!
4.) Yesterday I was on the phone in the living room and Jake was crawling all over me. I really wanted to distract him but didn't want to get up. I saw the basket of Christmas books across the room with his Mouse stuffed animal from "If you give a mouse a cookie". I then pointed to it and said, "Where's mousey?" (Thinking that he might just stare at my finger I was using to point) He then followed my point across the room with his eyes and took off for the mouse, picked it up and started laughing and squeezing it. Awwww!!
I know that there are more things but this is all I've got from off the top of my head. :) If I think of anything else I'll update this post or post about them later...
What can I say, atleast he doesn't just sit and look cute all day long! ;)

2 comments:
I think the nite lite story is amazing! Crazy that he knew what it was and could remember that you usually pull it out of the wall and put it in the basket! I miss him and know he is going to seem so big when I see him next week cause I feel like I haven't seen him in forever! Merry Chirstmas Jake! PS - K and J forgive you for destroying the toy they gave you! :)
He is about to do so many other cool things. Enjoy each little moment. Cute post.
Post a Comment