Sunday, December 6, 2009

oNe month til OnE year!!

my BiG boy with BiG blues sippin' outta a BiG boy cup... :(




super nosey and curious little fella!



wheeww...deep breath...he IS still a baby, afterall. Look at that sleeping cuteness



Daddy and Jakey - Fri, Dec 4th, 2009 Jakey's first snow!



Mama and Jakey that same day. Soooo glad Daddy was home to hang out and experience the awesome weather that day!



So sweet! He loved Santa and was not hesitant to sit on his lap at all! :)




Oh, man. Has time ever flown by? It is so bittersweet to just write the title of this blog. I just love this little boy so stinkin' much that it hurts. He is the happiest, sweetest, most perfect, innocent little bundle of joy! I have always just wanted to be a mom. I've always thought that it would be rewarding and challenging to take on the role of parent. I guess I just didn't expect it to be this life-changing, awesome, exciting, and FUN! It has been a privilege and honor to begin raising this little man. Oh, how I could go on and on. I'm just an emotional mess when it comes thinking about all that I feel for our Jakey. So, now that I've gotten that out of the way, sweet Jakey, here's what you've been up to this past month:




-You are consistently and independently eating most meals and most foods. You've had chicken nuggets, hamburgers, soups, casseroles, mexican food, and a whole Thanksgiving dinner this month. You pretty much eat a normal serving of some foods and don't require me making or ordering anything different than what Daddy and I are eating.


- You've really taken to sippy cups and just start sippin' away as you please. I felt like this took forever for some reason. Maybe because our first try was at six months! But you've totally taken off and are on the "big boy" sippy cups now. I think you like the handles!!

-You still move about the entire house as you please. You will take a couple of steps, but certainly aren't walking yet. You still know that crawling will get you across the room the fastest, so I've not noticed any desire on your part to take very many steps in a row (ie-walk across the room). Maybe you will change your thinking soon and decide to walk instead of crawl. The cutest is when you take two or three steps on your own to move around the furniture and then you realize what you just did and clap for yourself!! :)


-You are so smart! You say mama and dada pretty correctly to identify us still. You have also been shaking your head "no" when you don't want any more bites or when we tell you no or when we shake our head at you. You know no. :) haha. You also clap, play peek-a-boo, wave, give high-fives, etc as in the previous months. You are becoming a little parrot...most things Daddy or I say or do you will try to copy. We've had tons of fun blowing bubbles with our gum and then watching you do silly things with your tongue... ;)


-You are still a great sleeper! You take 2-3 naps per day, are pretty flexible, and have been falling asleep on me weekly during church which is nice. I actually get to hear the lesson now instead of taking you out!


-You sat on Santa's lap last week. You weren't scared at all and were completely happy! You're still great to let people talk to you and hold you.


-You've been sooo great with the Christmas decorations! You've left the tree, presents, etc alone and nothing's broken or hurt you.


- I have no idea what you weigh, guess we'll find out in a month or so. You are still in a size 4 diaper in Luv's and Pampers (the only diapers you wear). Your shoe size right now is a 5 1/2 and your clothes size is right around 18 months in most brands.
ps---you still have HUGE hands and feet, too. :)



I can't believe we're preparing for your First Birthday and party! This has been the best year of my entire life. We're also very excited for Christmas this year! What a fun and special winter this will be. We love you with all of our hearts!

1 comment:

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

WOW, almost a YEAR already! Time sure does fly.