Today Jakey had his well check with Dr Edraliln. Definitely just a tad late (3 weeks). However, he's not throwing off the stat chart because he's actually lost a half a pound since he was 8 months. He's getting longer and leaner everyday. He is so active and just amazes me at the speeds he roams this house. The doctor was very impressed with his language and motor skills.
The memories of this appointment that I will have are:
#1 The doctor asking me if he's babbling still or saying words. I told him that Jakey says Daddy clear as day sometimes. Jake then says, "Dadddyy". The doctor laughed and said, "so he's obviously speaking great!"
#2 The doctor asks if Jake is into everything. I said yes, and it sometimes drives me crazy! Jakey then pulls up on me (using only my NECKLACE...what's the point? haha) comes to a stand, lets go and stands there for a second and then comes back down and crawls toward the Dr who is also standing/sitting against the table/bed that Jakey is on. Jakey stands up in front of Dr Edralin and pulls on his shirt buttons for a while and then reaches up to touch the facial hair on his chin and stick his hand in Dr Edralin's mouth.
I think Jake did a great job of answering all of Dr Edralin's questions today!!
The doctor and nurse both said he has the power to walk (strength and coordination) but he just doesn't know it yet. Here's to hoping Jakey doesn't realize that walking is an option for a little while longer.
9 month stats:
weight: 23.4 lbs - 80th percentile
height: 29 3/4 inches - 83rd percentile
head circumfrence: 76th percentile
Jakey also was able to get the Swine Flu/H191 vaccination today (along with the polio vaccine).
Apparently he's doing everything he should be and more for this stage. We are soooo proud of our perfect baby boy!!

2 comments:
You know as a parent of 2 great kids, I never understood the percentile thing! ha ha. Do you want to be in the 50th%-tile or the 100%-tile? Cute pics, glad he is doing well.
Thanks, Laura!
And, I've wondered the same thing...which one is better? LOL. I guess we're ok since Jakey is inbetween. ;)
Post a Comment