Monday, August 3, 2009

7 Months!!!


those eyes, that skin, that mouth...love it!!! :)

about a week ago...trying so hard to get that fat body crawling! haha!! (notice the two teeth!!)


he looks HUGE in this pic :( Like as big as a 5 year old!


Has there ever been a more perfect creature?


Our Jakey turned 7 months old today! I just can't believe it. Can someone please stop this?!?
Some things Mommy wants to remember at this sweet time:
-You continue to be the happiest, easiest baby boy. The beach, Sea World, it doesn't matter-you find a way to adapt and make having a baby very easy. In fact, I told your Daddy the other day that we might have to have like...um...six kids because I'll always want a baby in the house. You make it so fun and easy!
-You still love your swing, the carseat, your stroller, and cuddling with Mommy and Daddy most of the time.
-You've been waving "bye bye" (Aunt Haley and Kinsey were first then Aunt Court)
-You're the happiest sitting on the floor with toys all around you or being held
-If I leave you on the floor too long and walk past you, you hold your arms straight up for me to hold you
-you babble all day and have said "dadada" on occasion
-You're trying very hard some days to crawl. Only a few of us have seen you successfully do so, and it has yet to be consistent. Some days you act like you have no interest in doing it at all.
-You fight falling asleep like no one I've ever seen. If you even think someone might be trying to get you to sleep in church you throw yourself forward to wake yourself up. Frustrating but funny! I'm glad you don't usually do this at home!
-You are so messy when you eat! It ends up all over your face, in your neck wrinkles, and all over your bib and hands. Maybe it has something to do with that tongue of yours!
-You continue to be an awesome sleeper! This week I slept in until 11am one day. I am one lucky Mama! Plus you normally take 3 good naps during the day.
-You've yet to taste a food you don't like. You have now tried a sippy cup and gerber puffs. You had no clue what to do with either one of them. We'll try again sometime. For now, I'm ok with you still being a baby!
-You got both of your teeth within a couple days of eachother, and they're now both showing and are so stinkin' cute!
-You are more beautiful than I could've imagined. Some people think you look like me, some people think you look like your Daddy. I am thinking that you must have gotten the best of both of us in order to be as cute as you are!
-You are still sooo big. You are now in all 12 mos clothes, size 4 diaper and shoe. I think you are starting to slow down, thank goodness!
-You're still quite the talker. You squeal loudly in church, at home, in the grocery store...everywhere! I love it...you are so happy and energetic.
-You get into everything. You move so fast from one side of the room to the other, get your legs caught under some of the furniture, love the remote, love the camera, pull my hair, and pull things down from a shelf on your changing table while I'm changing your diaper. Little stinker!
-You love being held and are comfortable in almost anyone's arms. You are so friendly still. You've only once or twice gotten stranger anxiety.
-You've NEVER been called a girl. I have heard all about how I was called a boy, and had friends babies called the opposite sex. Even though your Mama loves cute, preppy baby clothes it's never happened. I guess I just expected it would.
-You are so content and never cry. If you're crying it's normally because you're tired. But, since you've been a couple months old you've not cried for any other reason that I can remember. Well, actually when you got your shots you did. :(
-You've started giving 'hugs'. Granny and Papa thought it was so funny when you did it in Port Aransas last week. For a few weeks now you'll grab my shirt with both hands when you're on my lap. Then you'll smile and then bury your head in me and just sit there for a second. It's the best feeling and soo sweet.
Jakey,
I love you more than life itself. You are the perfect baby for me and I can't even begin to describe the joy you've brought us. I love your huge, open-mouthed smile and your sweet giggles. I love how you rub your eyes when you're sleepy. I love how you look up at us as we're rocking you and feel our face with your hand. And my favorite is when you lay your head on my shoulder and fall fast asleep while we're rocking. Your squeals and babbling bring a smile to my face. I can't believe how fast our time together goes. I'm so very blessed to be your Mama.
I am so thankful for these wonderful 7 months, and am so excited to see what our future holds.

2 comments:

Jessie said...

SSSSSOOOOOOO sweet :)

Andrea said...

Awwwwwwwwwww! So sweet!