My favorite bright-eyed 7 month old!
I love him from this angle-it's how I see him when I'm holding him. His cheeks are perfect and his lips are so sweet!! Oh, yeah, and his long, blond eyelashes, too! :)
This update is mainly for Jake's Daddy, he's been begging me to update the blog so he can take a picture off of it to update his desktop background at work. :) He loves seeing his Jakey while he's away during the day.
Our Jakey is such a big boy! He's starting to look more like a big boy and less like an infant. His favorite 'toys' are the remote, the laptop, and the camera. He will actually mimic sounds/voices that we do, hand gestures he sees us make, etc. He's so smart and soaking up more than I realized.
After weeks of scooting/rocking on all fours/bear crawling/ he's finally actually consistently crawling with some coordination. As he's getting better, he's becoming less frustrated. I guess I thought crawling would be like riding a bike. Once he did it once he'd continue. But no, he began to do it before our trip to Port Aransas in July but never really mastered it or consistently did it. Anyway, we got the video camera out tonight to record it several times and both batteries were dead. So, soon we'll have some video. Hopefully he'll wave "bye-bye" for the camera, too. That is my favorite and way cuter than crawling :)
Let's hope his crawling doesn't take off too fast, I know he'll be getting into everything! I'm going to have to be on my toes!!
We're so excited to be in town this weekend, we've been so busy for the past three months that a weekend home is a huge treat!
Have a great weekend everyone!!

2 comments:
He is SO cute! And I love the mohawk :)
Yes, don't hope for crawling to soon! You'll never be able to keep up! I can't anyways! lol he is so sweet Amanda!
Post a Comment