Wednesday, June 3, 2009

5 Months!










At 5 months our Jakey is becoming more fun and bringing more joy to our life every day. Here is what he's been up to the past month!

-started *kinda* (not officially) sitting up. Sometimes he leans forward, sometimes he sits straight up with nothing behind him.

- his laughing has gotten out of control. He laughs at everything, sometimes just looking at us.

- he plays his own version of peek-a-boo. He finds your face, smiles, looks away by turning his head and then turns his head back to you. Once he makes eye contact, you get the absolute sweetest, biggest grin that ever existed.

-he scoots everywhere and has even gotten himself out of his swing and completely off of his playmat. He did this last month but it's very fast now! You can't turn your head for a second.

-He's gone swimming several times and absolutely loves the water...he's yet to cry or get upset in the pool.

-He is a friendly baby so far and loves for different people to hold him and pass him around.

-He continues to be extremely nosey and curious about everything. This sometimes makes it difficult for him to fall asleep in public because he fights it so much!

-He got his first ear infection this week! He's on ammoxicillin and has had about an average of three blowouts per day. Talk about a yucky week!

- He loves for you to hold his hands while he's sitting on your lap and he uses them to help himself stand up. He loves it!!! He thinks he's a big, strong boy b/c that's what I tell him when he does it.

-He's started eating real food. He's now not only tried rice ceral but oatmeal. He loves it 10x better! He's also had bananas, sweet potatoes, and applesauce. He also gets water now everyday, atleast once.

-He's my kind of baby! He's a daredevil!! He loves to be let go to fall backwards, tossed up in the air, and run down the hallway. He giggles and giggles.

-He's soooo ticklish! He takes after his Daddy Joe in this way, and that gives us a chance to talk about him a lot. Just pulling his onesie over his shoulders and he just giggles and giggles. I love it!

-He's sleeping pretty much all night. Usually 7 hours, up for a feeding, then back down for atleast two. The kid pretty much likes to be down from about 9:30pm to 10am. He sometimes wakes up because he's hungry, or he got scared- but he always goes back to sleep right away. It's wonderful getting such good rest again- and sleeping late too!

-He's wearing very few 3-6 month clothes and no 3-6 month shoes. He weighs in at well over 18lbs, he wears size 3 shoe, size 3 diaper, and usually anywhere from 6-12 month clothes! The little stinker is outgrowing all of the clothes I bought him way too fast.


This age has always been my favorite with babies. Now that I spend my everyday with Jakey we're having way too much fun! The stress of the newborn phase is long gone and he has his own personality but he's still my cuddly little baby. I would love for this phase to last five years I think!
At night I rock him to sleep and he holds my fingers and sucks on his paci, and occasionally looks up to make sure I'm still there. I try to tell myself that this is heaven on earth and that in a short time he will be an independent little boy running around the house. I pray for my mind to remember and soak up as much as possible about this precious phase and to look forward for what is to come. To know that God has planned for things to get even better after this...which seems completely impossible to me!
Happy almost half year, sweet Jakey!! It's been the best 5 months that I could've ever hoped for.

3 comments:

The Brays said...

He is getting so big so fast. We are right behind you. Presley is rolling over. They grow up so fast! He will be walking before you know it. Such a sweet baby!

Kayla said...

He is way ahead of what Rach was at 5 months. She is just now starting to do some of the things he is doing and she is 6 1/2 months! He is so sweet! Love the outfit!

Andrea said...

5 months already?? He is so adorable and it kills me that I haven't met him yet! Hopefully I will soon!