Thursday, January 15, 2009

Still Losing...

Well, we went back to the pediatrician today and Jake is down even more...8lbs 2oz. So frustrating! The doctor said that I was doing everything right, but that my milk probably isn't fatty enough (I'm supposed to eat more fattening foods...yay! Just at the time when I'm done being fat and want to get thin! :-/ ) and that our bodies just haven't learned to work together yet. So, we will now be supplementing with two bottles of formula per day. :( I am sad, but obviously will do whatever it takes to get Jake to gain weight!

Please keep him in your prayers that he gains weight before we go back again next week. I think he's misleading...just look at those chubby cheeks! :) I love him so!
looking in the mirror- bright flash!


post signature

6 comments:

Kayla said...

I am sorry to hear that Amanda! He'll pork up! Just tell him "Think Kinley!" :) I love all the pics! He is adorable!

The Brays said...

Hang in there...it will all work out. You are doing all the right things for your precious baby!

GGma said...

I am glad to see it is cool enough to use the star blanket. I really thought it might be too heavy for Texas. Love seeing all the pictures. He is so cute. Looking forward to seeing him in person when we come down in Feb.

Sarah said...

Hang in there...the first six weeks are by far the hardest! He is just beautiful--thanks for posting some more pictures. I don't know what it is about car seat pictures, but they are always some of my favorites and his are no exception!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful baby boy! Sorry to hear he is losing weight (this happened to my friend and her daughter and she had to do the same thing, introduce formula into the day).
P.S. I came to visit from Lovely Lalo's blog!

Anonymous said...

Mimi is checking out her brand new great-grandson! He is so handsome!