Monday, December 22, 2008

No News Is...Bad News

I had my 40 week appointment today and still no change (which is why I didn't call everyone I was supposed to with my 'news' after my appt today...sorry!). Since the baby's head is SO low and I am almost fully effaced, the doctor hadn't expected the station or effacement to change, however, he'd hoped that I would be dilated a little more than I was. I'm still around a 1.

I am ok with no baby this week, but by next week I had really hoped to have a plan for then. He basically said I need to come back next Monday (40wks 4days) and we'll talk then. I was a little disappointed because you can schedule an induction a week ahead of time at our hospital and so I'm thinking by next Monday we might not get scheduled for next week. He mentioned inductions are hard to schedule around the holidays and that they won't schedule them on Christmas, New Year's Eve, New Year's Day, etc.

So, our prayer is that he comes on his own asap, as in before next Monday or before an induction is needed. But, as he has measured two weeks big this entire time and the dr estimated him to be between 7.5 and 8lbs a week ago (38.5wks) I am not really wanting him to stay in me after New Year's (41 wks). Well, because of the holidays the doctor said he will see what he can do next week, but no promises that we'll have him by New Year's unless he does come on his own. Yikes! Basically I'm hoping that the dr was off on his weight estimate and that Jake was smaller than that or that he comes very, very soon before he gets more chub on him! :-)

Daddy had a talk with little Jake tonight and told him how much we love him and how we're ready to meet him, hold him, and take care of him. I hope he gets his act together and listens. :) I'm so ready and wanting to experience the natural, exciting process of going into labor on my own!

Please continue to pray for a healthy boy for us!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

Love,
Jeremy and Amanda

post signature

4 comments:

The Brays said...

I know you must be so anxious and exhausted at the same time. Hang in there. Let him come on his own. It will be so much easier on your body then. I am praying for a healthy delivery soon!

Andrea said...

Sorry to hear that! I will be praying that he comes on his own, preferably after Christmas Day! I hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas!

Sarah said...

i'm hoping for saturday--if you have to be born around christmas--its a great day!!! and definitely we're praying!!!

Darrin & Amber said...

You are in our thoughts and prayers. I hope your delivery goes smoothly and quickly.

Love you,

Amber