Well, "everything checks out perfect!" in the words of our doc. That's it!
............I should make a few other notes but it was pretty quick today.
*Jake is 90%-ish in height and 80%-ish in weight. If my memory checks out I think he's over 32lbs and 37 inches. My sheet is in the car w/the exact #s.
*The doctor had him undressed and was looking at his legs and squeezed them and said, "he is solid, solid muscle!" I said, yeah, he pretty much is being super active or sleeping. There's no tv time or craft time or anything that keeps him sitting down, even if mama wishes he'd slow down a bit.
*After asking how long he sleeps at night, and me saying there's got to be an earthquake to get him out of bed before 8 he asked what time he went to bed. I said between 8 and 8:30. He said, "Well, the boy needs his sleep. Don't wake him up. And, in fact, when it's time for preschool in a year or two do not schedule it earlier than he would naturally wake up." Um, good luck with that. :) His Mommy still hates getting out of bed early- if I had it my way he'd never start school. :)
*After seeing that Jakey is in a big bed, potty-trained, eating well and healthy, sleeping lots, talking well, behaving well, etc he said, "Well, this is about as easy as a two-year-old can get. Good luck with him at 2.5 or 3!" haha-- mama has faith that Jakey will continue to impress us with his sweetness, smarts, sleeping, etc. :)
*His height was estimated to be 6'2-6'3 minimum when he's full grown.
*The nurse and dr commented on how they hadn't seen us in so long. I said, I know! Other than one well check about 6 months ago and a diaper rash burn when the pampers drymax came out we've not been to the dr at all in one year! (And he'd just seen the nurse practioner for the burn, not Dr. E) I'm shocked but thrilled that he stayed well his entire second year. I think God just knew we already had more dr appts and co-pays this year than any young family ever should! ;)
Can you tell that we are so in love with our big boy?!? We are cherishing every day of being his parents and are so proud of the sweet boy that he is!
Closing the blog...
10 years ago

1 comment:
Great news! I'm so glad he has continued to be such a good baby and now little boy! It really has gone by so quickly!
I miss you guys and I promise we'll see each other before he has another birthday!
Post a Comment