At first we were scared it was going to be a bad day. Ha! We set him down by the pumpkins and he threw a huge fit. Basically, we've figured out that he will do things how and when he wants to. And, if you put him in a position he doesn't wanna be in, he will throw a fit or get sincerely sad. Once he's crying, he will get embarassed and duck/hide his head. Don't worry, Jakey, Mommy and Daddy have learned our lesson. We'll let you warm up to things first and pick our battles when you don't want to do something. Luckily, after one fit, you can see above that he was happy the rest of the day! :)
The last time I went to this particular pumpkin patch, Jakey was in my belly! I had just quit my job a few weeks before he was due, and I went with Jess, Kinley, Rachel and Taylor. Wow, I can't believe that was two years ago and Jake wasn't even here yet!
Last year we went to Dewberry Farm. We really were looking forward to going there again this year, now that Jake is older and can enjoy more that it has to offer. However, our time before Halloween was running out and the weather was not cooperating. So, we made a quick trip over to the "Old Time Christmas Tree Farm" literally 5 minutes from our house. We really enjoyed it, and even took Jake on the hay ride out to the Christmas Tree fields. He loved it!
We had fun this year at the pumpkin patch, but will for sure get back to Dewberry next year!

2 comments:
I can't believe how big he is! I keep hoping I get to come visit soon!
I remember taking a pic of your belly and a pumpkin 2 years ago there! Love the "sad" pic - will be funny to look back on! Cool that he got to drive the tractor!
Post a Comment