Wednesday, July 23, 2008

So much has changed...

Since my last blog. I come to you with a heavy heart. It is amazing how fast things can turn around. Saturday when I left my Daddy Joe (and Gran and Lissa) he was doing so good. He was eating well, sleeping, sitting up, and pushing himself around in his wheelchair. Those are now just precious memories.
Monday morning he fell over in his bed (while in the rehab hospital) and hit his head. Gran got the call and rushed to see what had happened. He ended up in emergency sugery a short time later because his fall had caused a blood clot and large stroke in his brain. He has yet to wake up from that surgery. We don't know why, the doctor's don't know why. Only that he's had severe brain trauma by having two surgeries in one week and he's in his early 70's with advanced Parkinson's disease. We hope and pray that he is not in pain and feels up to fighting so that we can keep him here on earth a while longer. My Gran needs him, his kids need him, his friends need him. We are not ready for him to go.
We thought our next call from San Antonio would be that he was going home, not back to the hospital for surgery. It was devastating to all who love him and can't wait to see the results of the first surgery- that is supposed to suppress all Parkinson's symptoms and help get him back to feeling good again.

All we want is for him to wake up and recover and to not be in pain.

I know that some of my prayer warrior friends live in other towns and this might be the first you're hearing of this. Please keep him in your prayers in the coming weeks. That is all that there is left for us to do. Hope and pray.

Thank you,

post signature

6 comments:

Bonnie said...

I will keep you guys in my prayers!

Jenn said...

Amanda, I'm so sorry to hear this. Ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know if there is anything else we can do!

Sarah said...

We will definitely be keeping this in our prayers. I'm so sorry that you guys are going through this!!

Kayla said...

We will be praying! I will tell my whole family when I see them tonight!

Kendra said...

Amanda, my heart goes out to you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers.

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

I am so sorry to hear that. I will for sure keep your family in my prayers!