Sunday, March 9, 2008

Aggie Ring #2

(Not to make you feel old, Mr. Worley, Class of '02, but this is the only ring year I found on the Association of Former Students website. ;-)


Today Jeremy and I went to James Avery to get his ring sized. He did this because he is getting ready to place an order for his second Aggie ring. He is very excited, and the second we walked in the door he started filling out his ring order with all of the information.
Why is he ordering another ring just a few years after graduating? Well, for those of you who haven’t heard this story, let’s back up a bit and let me tell you why he’s in need of ANOTHER ring. A year or two ago we were out at my parent’s house in Magnolia. I needed something from the car, so I asked (well, maybe I ordered…) Jeremy to go get it for me. As he approaches the car, he sees a squirrel and decides to throw a rock at it…I guess because he was just a little annoyed with me. A few minutes later he proceeds back into the house where he holds up his hand waving it in front of my face. I had no clue what he was trying to tell me or what he was missing. In Aggieland we call that being a 2%er. Most would’ve noticed, I guess. Then he decides to open his mouth and communicate with us (my mom and I) that he had lost it. He then tells us that he threw a rock at a squirrel and that his ring had just flown off. We all then decide that it HAS to be out there SOMEWHERE and so my entire family is out in the brush and dirt looking for his ring. For a long time we look. My family looks on their own several more times. The ring was never found. We’re thinking that the little squirrel decided to take it as revenge! ;-)
Anyway, as I’m annoyed he just lost something of importance and high value I scold him and say, “THAT’S WHY WE DON’T THROW SQUIRRELS AT ROCKS!!!” In fine Amanda idiot fashion. And that was some much needed comic relief, at my expense as usual.

And on another note, while we were out, I decided to get my new toy. A very neat Dyson Animal. It’s purple, it has great suction, attachments for under furniture, upholstery, and a wand to reach high places. I’ve already seen it in action and seen results. We just had our carpets professionally cleaned yesterday and you should see everything this little purple vacuum was able to drag up…amazing. If my other vacuum had suctioned this much the bag would be full after about three uses. Wow! I already loved vacuuming and was a little obsessive, and I’m a little worried that this will make my vacuum obsession even more out of control.


post signature

6 comments:

Jessica said...

I'm glad you finally got your Dyson! You know I'm picky about spending money and a Dyson is a GREAT investment!

I'm also very happy that Jeremy will wear that very expensive little piece of jewelry that seems to mean so much to you crazy people down her in Texas. You know I didn't even know where A&M was before I moved to TX. Now that I've made 500 people who are "aggies", and see your blog, mad, I will just leave it at that and say that I do think it is cool that you all are so proud of your university, I just think some of your little traditions are kinda wierd! :)

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

You crack me up. Yay for finding good ways to spend your bonus cash. I am still holding mine for a rainy day. I have heard the Dyson vacs are awesome. I just can't bring myself to spend that kind of cash on a small appliance. Then again, I don't have your obsession for cleaning and vacuuming. :-)

Stephanie said...

I've heard the Dyson's are wonderful but seeing as how I hate to vacuum, it's not for me! But I do love the purpleness of it!!

Doziers said...

You are HILARIOUS! I am SO jealous of you with your pretty purple DYSON! They never lose suction, atleast that's what I hear...and I am so excited for Mr. Jeremy to get his AGGIE ring! You can't explain it, how proud we are of those rings...maybe it's cause of all the sleepless nights, hard tests, calculus, finite math (with a prof that does NOT speak your language), and just basically LOVIN your school! GIG EM AGS!!
Love you girl

Anonymous said...

I hear Dysons suck.

Sarah said...

I tried to post a comment here the other day, but my email was messed up, so I guess it ignored me...haha! I'm SOOOO excited about your Dyson...I DO NOT share your love of vacuuming; however, Jarrod has only had to vacuum twice since we got our Dyson two years ago. We LOVE IT!

I'm excited that Jeremy's getting his ring (again). SOOO important--if only mine still fit...maybe after babycakes gets here I'll be able to wear it again.

I'm loving Juli's "sleepless nights" comment too--if only she could get a ring for this sleepless period in her life...maybe with a few diamonds in it...haha!