Sunday, April 4, 2010

15 Months! (On Mama's 28th bday)




Our sweet baby Jake is now 15 months old! He's soo much fun and just a little ham. He cracks us up constantly and I don't know what we'd do without his little feet running around our house! Jakey- here's what you've been up to this past month and just some general things I want to remember about this time.




-You've been to your aunt Courtney and uncle Shad's wedding.


-You've had your 2nd Easter.


-You've been to your first Easter Egg Hunt.


-You've been to the park lots of times!


-You play with your toy phones and hold them to your ear and say, "hettooo?"


-You love to climb in your rocking chair and stand up or just "rock" yourself. You do a really good job and get really proud of yourself for making the chair go.


-You say "dogghh" more than any other word. I think it's because we have two of them. Any time you hear a dog barking in the background or see a picture of one you let us know...even if we don't see or hear it. :)


-You still love running up and down hills.


-You LOVE to slide. I just sit you up on top and you give yourself a push off, laugh, and meet me at the bottom.


-Your most challenging place has always been church. It is at a time when you would normally be sleeping and you have to be still and quiet. I guess it'd be too easy for you to sleep on our lap so you fight it, and almost always have. Now, for the past month or two you've been scared of your class room. That was hard while it lasted but seems to pretty much be all better! Thank goodness!


-Your favorite things are yogurt, steps, hills, Papaw, outside (Siiiddhh, as you say it), sleeping, chase, your blanky, chicken nuggets, and books. You bring us books several times a day and plop down on our lap for us to read to you.


-You are such a curious boy. Lots of people have commented that you might be a mechanical engineer one day. This morning before church you showered yourself with the water from the fridge door and you also locked Daddy out of our room. You've also managed to light the stove and send texts, among other things!


-You love to give kisses. Sometimes you give your wide open mouth, sometimes you pucker, and sometimes you bow your head and give your forehead. :) Love it!


-You're saying lots of words! You say them usually only when it's your own idea, but Daddy and I are sometimes shocked by how much you know because you'll say something we don't expect or that we didn't know you knew!


-One of my favorite words you say is "babal" or "Bible". It's also sweet when you occasionally decide to talk instead of whine for your drink and you say, "dink?".

-You love to dance and are always changing your dance moves. You showed them off to the family today. You had the arms swinging and the head shaking and everything. Oh-so-cute!


-You are still an amazing sleeper, a great eater, and an easy-going baby. You still wear a size 4/5 diaper, size 6=6.5 shoe and mostly 24 month clothing. You go to the dr soon for your well check so I'll update the other stuff then.



I know I've forgotten some stuff so I might add some later. I'm beat!



Jake, we are soo proud of the sweet toddler you are. You are everything we could ever hope for in a baby and I wouldn't trade the days we share for ANYTHING in the world. I am so thankful to your Daddy for working hard so we can have the best days together. And I'm so thankful to God for you and the joy you've given us! I love you always!



1 comment:

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

Happy (Belated Birthday). Cute post. He is doing so much. Love the post.