Jakey recently went to see Dr. Edralin for his One Year old well check and I thought I should update about our sweet lil toddler. He's just gettin' so big! He was almost 26lbs and 32 inches long. He was 84% for weight and 94% for height. His head circumfrence was right in the middle of those as far as percentiles go so he seems to be what we already know- big and perfect! :)
This month Jakey had his blood taken for the first time. Mama had to hold his legs down and it was just one of the hardest things to see him scream so hard. I hate to see my innocent baby in pain, even if it is for his own good (anemia check).
The doctor talked with us about the usual- sleeping, eating, drinking, and motor and speech skills. Jake seems to be excelling in every aspect and we have absolutely nothing to complain about right now! He continues to sleep late, eat mostly everything, walk everywhere, talk more than his share, etc. In fact, when the doctor walked in he jokingly yet seriously told me that we didn't need to talk about his verbal skills b/c he could hear him from out in the hallway. Haha...that's our boy! When Jeremy and I are home with him, and there are few distractions he's very good at repeating words we say and he'll repeat just about anything. He's our little parrot....I'm going to have to start watching exactly what comes out of my mouth now! ;)
The doctor also said, "Well, we know he's walking great...he was trying to escape!" After the nurse weighed him and took his temp he was in just a diaper in the room and she left the door open to our room. Jake took off for the door and went out into the hallway before I could catch him about ten times. He was sooo cute running around in a diaper like he owned the place. :)
I just cannot put into words how much I love this little baby boy who has completely stolen my heart. Life just can't get better than this! :)

3 comments:
So, So, So glad to hear it! Healthy babies = happy mommas!
Love ya!
Love the chub legs..why do they always look better on babies than on me! Glad he is a happy & healthy baby boy. Now you can work on Baby #2! ha ha.
I love his chubby legs!!! :) Where has the past year gone?!
Post a Comment