Ok, so I AM working on a ONE year post for a certain little baby boy right now. But, I can update about this quicker so I will do so now. :)
I'm sure most of you know/remember that a thyroid nodule was discovered when I was pregnant with Jake. It was quite large so I had surgery to have it removed last spring. Since then I have been diagnosed with postsurgical hypothyroidism, or not enough thyroid hormone. I have seen several doctors and have had several horrible experiences. This past week I met with a new endocrinoligist in The Woodlands and I love her! I had a nearly three hour appointment and she was very thorough and detailed and seems to be taking care of me with a sense of urgency. Anyway, she thinks my body is in chaos mode after a baby and surgery so close together and also that there are some things going on that are not quite right. So, I am scheduled for an abdominal ultrasound today and also an MRI on my brain, or more specifically my Pituitary Gland, which controls several thyroid-related hormones.
Please say a quick prayer that they find the reasons for my abnormal bloodwork and get me back to feeling and looking like my old self again soon! I go back toward the end of the month to go over my bloodwork results and my MRI/ultrasound results with her. I'll try to keep y'all posted.
Thanks for the thoughts/prayers! We hope everyone starts off the New Year with a great week!
Closing the blog...
10 years ago

3 comments:
Yay! I am so glad you found a doctor that you like...that makes all the difference. I will be praying for your appointment today. I hope you are feeling like yourself again soon!
Prayer request submitted. You look great, but feeling great always helps.
Glad you found an awesome MD.
I'm so glad you found a good dr and I hope she figures out exactly how to fix your problem! I'll be praying for you!
Post a Comment