Tuesday, November 3, 2009

10 Months (*sigh*)


Lil Aggie!

Lil Jakey, at 10 months you are:

-FINALLY eatin' like a champ! In a matter of days you've almost completely stopped gagging on things. The past few meals you've been stuffing your face and eating almost completely on your own. You've now fed yourself pieces of fruit, granola bar, chicken nuggets, crescent rolls, biscuit, pancakes, green beans, pasta, etc. Can you tell we like bread in this house?


-You move around with such ease. You've started climbing over and into things and are standing on your own for very long periods of time. You love your push walkers and push them around the room like it's nothin'. I love watching you stand on your own and you get so excited and proud the longer you stand there. :)


-You have not changed in the size department from last month...which is awesome! :) You really needed to slow down.


-You still like to wave bye-bye and do it without being told a word. Daddy walks into the room and your lil hand starts a flappin'. I love it.


-Speaking of Daddy, you can say it like an adult would say it. "Daadddyy!" You've also started saying "Hi" sometimes and you also still cry "mamama" from your crib but don't say it that often unless you're upset.


-You love giving High Fives and Mommy and Daddy love getting them!


-You clap a lot and usually also like to do it when someone else or someone on tv does it. The cutest is when your Sing Along Stage toy sings "If you're happy and you know it" and you start clapping. You're so smart! :)


-You're still not big on sippy cups. You will, however, drink from a regular cup or water bottle. You want to hold it and that's your preferred way of getting liquids. You're just a tad messy, though. Haha!


-You continue to be pretty laid back and let just about anyone hold you, which I love. Sometimes, when I walk up and someone else has been holding you, you reach for me (which I also love!!) :)


-You continue to fight your sleep at church and occasionally in other public places. It drives me insane. You're a baby...if you're tired...go to sleep!!! :-/


-You're still a great sleeper and a really easy baby. You're still pretty good at obeying when told "no".

That just about sums you up on paper. There are, however, no words to express the love and pride that I feel for you. I will forever cherish this time with you. I feel blessed that you are my son and am so thankful that you are mine, and that we spend our days together. Your first birthday is getting closer and the planning has begun. I just hope I'm not the crazy basketcase crying in the corner as you're stuffing your face with cake. I guess the good part is that you will actually be eating the cake all on your own and that I won't be packing baby food in your school lunches.
I love you, BABY boy.
~Mommy

1 comment:

Jessie said...

How sweet! I LOVE the Aggie overalls...too cute! I can't believe how fast time is going and that Jake will be 1 soon!