Where do I begin? Last Tuesday afternoon Jess calls me at work and asks, "y'all don't have any more days off, do you?"
I said, "no...not really...why?" And she then tells me that she got an email that there is a cruise going for 99$ (leaving the next day)!!! I was like well, maybe I have a day or two! Jeremy said no way and thought that we were crazy...he had to be at work and it was too last minute. He then said that I could go with girls if I wanted to. So...I called Jess back and said that I would go. So that night I packed all of my things, then dropped them off at Jess' house on my way to work around 6:30am and then her and her two sisters picked me up around lunchtime (at work downtown) on their way down to the cruise terminal in Galveston.
After standing in line for several hours to get on the boat we were off on the famed 'Cruise to Nowhere.' Because of the hurricane earlier in the week, they were sending the ship out for a short cruise instead of the original 5 days...and there were not stops at ports. Interesting I know. I even saw it on the news the morning we were leaving and it was literally called "The cruise to nowhere."
It ended up being Jessica, me, Jennifer, and Kayla (her sisters). 4 girls in one room with 4 bunk beds and one bathroom. Interesting but we had a BLAST! We laughed so much, teased Jess about being the "boss," ate a ton, laid out by the ocean and pool, watched ice and fruit carving, went to the marriage and family game, etc. What fun!
I needed a vacation. I know that I just went to Hawaii a couple of months ago...but a lot has happened since then! It was so relaxing and I couldn't have had a better time!
Oh, and I should add that I was 6 months pregnant, Jessica was 4 mos pregnant, and Kayla was 7 mos pregnant on our trip. (We tried to convince Jennifer to jump on the bandwagon, but she's got a precious little 4 month old so she wasn't exactly convinced.) ;)


6 comments:
Such fun! I'd love to go on a cruise to nowhere!
If you need any help deciding when to blow dry your hair, just let me know and I will be happy to give your orders...
Your Boss!
Too fun! Looks like you guys had a blast! What a good "last girls' trip" before the babies start a comin'!
It was a blast! I am glad we all got to go! Glad we weren't planning it for this week! :)
How fun...I would've gone to nowhere too...especially to avoid sitting here and waiting for that one wind gust to blow the roof off our place. Luckily all is well. Good for you! I am sure you had a blast and made some memories to last a lifetime. Plus, it isn't much longer you'll be able to just UP & GO {even if it is No Where}.
Post a Comment