Friday, September 26, 2008

27 Week Update

Thursday I was exactly 27 weeks. My appointment was the last once a month one for me-every two weeks from here on out (every one week the last month). Also, it was my glucose tolerance test.

The orange glucola was pretty disgusting. I know that I have picky taste buds and all when it comes to liquids...but yuck! It was super sweet and I'm not a fan of orange at all. Jeremy was telling me to chug it and I was trying not to gag myself. :)

I got to the office in plenty of time and got my blood drawn- not one of my favorite things but I'm getting very used to it at this point! I got called back over an hour after I drank the glucola (supposed to do blood draw w/in one hour) and she was telling me that there weren't any open rooms so she pulled me into a room and had me standing up to take my blood! I found a way to sit in the chair so my arm would be more stable. She seemed very nervous and said, "If I don't get it the first time I'll go find someone who will." I was not encouraged by her comments and Jeremy is laughing at me as I'm closing my eyes and shuddering at what she's going to do. She then had me pump my fist forever asking if I had good veins. She kept tapping my arm and kept saying that she'd lost my vein. But, she did end up getting it the first time and everything was fine.

Next onto a clean room for Dr Crowder to come in and check up on me...

I gained 12lbs this month! OMGosh! I was a bit depressed that I'd (more than) doubled my entire weight gain for this pregnancy in a month. At my 6 month appt I had only gained 7.5lbs. But, he said my overall weight gain is still very normal. I'm not liking it though!

I told him that people have been coming up to me and saying how I was nearing the end or might be further along than I thought. I loved his response which was, "Do people EVER tell a pregnant woman that she is just right? They always say she is showing too much or too little, and might even tell her both of those things in the same day!" He said I couldn't be measuring more perfectly...the baby's on the big side of perfect but he's perfect!

We were able to schedule our 3D ultrasound for next Wed, Oct 1st and I am super excited! We also have a regular ultrasound in 4 wks... I'm very excited to see Jakey 2 times in the next month! And can't wait to meet him face to face and hold him in my arms. Less than three months until the due date now.


post signature

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I would have freaked out if that was the lady taking my blood. That gives me chills! Eek!

Glad everything is measuring perfectly! And I doubt you'll catch up to my weight gain with Karys ;)

Lovely Lalo-Cha said...

Looking good woman! :-) I've been MIA in the bloggy world lately. We need to catch up soon.